Ubuntu Developer Week starts today
One of my favourite parts of the cycle is about to start in just a few hours: Ubuntu Developer Week is about to kick off today. If you’re interested in Ubuntu Development, you’re in for three days of talks and workshops. Join in and be part of these sessions today:
- 15:00 UTC: Introduction to Ubuntu Development – If you are completely new to Ubuntu Development, this is a session you will want to attend. Daniel Holbach will give you a good overview how things work and you will have heard about all the essential bits.
- 16:00 UTC: Getting set up for Ubuntu development – In this session you will learn which tools you need and how to configure them best. Afterwards you will be ready to go to start working on Ubuntu packages.
- 17:00 UTC: Something about ARM – Heard a lot about ARM devices recently? We’re sure you have. Everybody’s excited about Ubuntu’s new first-class citizen. Learn more from Oliver Grawert what it takes to make Ubuntu run on these.
- 18:00 UTC: Ubuntu Development for the Youth – Bilal Akhtar is one of Ubuntu’s younger Ubuntu developers and has been involved in making it easier for other young contributors to get involved. Attend the session and be convinced that anybody can start getting involved!🙂
- 19:00 UTC: Something about Python3 – Barry Warsaw has been involved in Python for a very long and he’d love to see everything ported to Python3. In this session Barry will give you a few really good reasons to look into Python3.
Join us in #ubuntu-classroom on irc.freenode.net and get involved! You won’t regret it.