Ubuntu Developer Week Planning starts
From Tue 28th Aug to Thu 30th Aug we will have another action-packed Ubuntu Developer Week. As we still have a couple of weeks until it’s happening, we invite everybody who wants to speak about Ubuntu Development or packaging or general hacking techniques which might of interest to aspiring developers is welcome to join in.
If you want to demo just a cool new tool or speak about a shorter topic, we have 30 minute slots available too. Just head to the UDW planning page and add yourself.
A few ideas for the uninspired:
- Getting your fix into Ubuntu: common pitfalls
- What’s a debian/watch file good for?
- Porting your code to Python 3
- pkgme and what it can do for you
- UDD, quilt and bzr and how to make the most of it
- Using autopkgtest and jenkins for fun and profit
- Demo: fixing bugs
- Demo: updating packages to a new upstream version
- Demo: getting stable release updates right
- Writing safe C code
- <and lots more…>
Just grab one of the above or think of your own session topic idea and add it to the timetable.