Ubuntu Developer Week – Outlook Day 1
Today is Day 1 of this cycle’s Ubuntu Developer Week.
We will have three days of tutorial and hands-on sessions to learn more about Ubuntu Development and what’s going on behind the scenes. As the whole event is happening on IRC, it’s very easy to join in: either use an IRC client (there’s a web client as well) or install Lernid. If you can’t attend due to the time, we will put up logs on the UDW page afterwards.
Let’s have a quick look at today’s schedule to whet your appetite:
- 15:00 UTC: Introduction to Ubuntu development — Daniel Holbach will start of Ubuntu Developer Week and give you an introduction to Ubuntu Development. He will give you an overview over all the important moving parts and which considerations are taken into account.
- 16:00 UTC: Getting set up for Ubuntu development — Daniel will then continue and help you get an Ubuntu Development environment set up. All the important tools, all the configuration bits that are necessary.
- 17:00 UTC: Ubuntu Technology overview — Michael Hall is up next and will give you an overview over the most important technologies used in Ubuntu. This is very useful information for everyone who wants to integrate their software closely with Ubuntu.
- 17:30 UTC: What’s new in Edubuntu — Edubuntu has been taking Ubuntu to schools around the globe for years now. One of its developers, Jonathan Carter, will introduce you to Edubuntu and explain what’s cooking right now.
- 18:00 UTC: Ubuntu TV – what’s what — Michał Sawicz and Michael Hall will talk about a topic which has gotten many eyeballs recently: Ubuntu on TVs. Join the session and learn more!
- 18:30 UTC: Testability and Qt – Intro to automated UX testing for Qt apps — As Ubuntu becomes part of mainstream, automated testing is playing a more and more important role in Ubuntu. Gerry Boland will talk about automated user experience testing for Qt apps.
- 19:00 UTC: Unity Lenses! — Unity lenses are a great way to bring new data into a unified and easily findable interface. Find out from David Callé and Michael Hruby how to write Unity lenses easily.
- 20:00 UTC: QA: Automated Testing and Jenkins — As mentioned before: Ubuntu places a lot of importance on automated testing. Enjoy the session with Carlos de Avillez who will introduce you to Ubuntu’s testing machinery and how you can make good use of it.
- 21:00 UTC: Packaging Do’s and Don’ts — Clint Byrum has been doing packaging in the Server/Cloud team for quite a while. He has put together a list of things he learned during the time, which he will share with you for your benefit.
- 21:30 UTC: Incorporating upstream changes in Ubuntu — The last session of the day will be held by Mathieu Trudel-Lapierre. Ubuntu works together closely with many other projects. This collaboration makes it necessary to share information and code regularly. Here you will learn how to incorporate changes into Ubuntu which were made in upstream projects.
Explore posts in the same categories: Developer Week comment below, or link to this permanent URL from your own site.